30.10.11

Some Words

These are just words, juxtaposed for some sort of prose. Mostly coming through caffeine highs and cigarette breaks.

I stand, my spirit illuminated
by the orange blaze of
the late night sun.
The pavement creaks,
and cracks under my 
trembling feet.
The fault saunters and
mingles with pebbles
it wraps around a
manhole cover, covering nothing.

The remnants of the storm passed
strewn across the asphalt
creating microscopic
Mississippis and Niles.
Expanding their fractal 
shores across the desolate
wastes of our creation.
our demise.

My thoughts rise,
the cool breeze racks
my mind and the 
veil is lifted.
we're all just drifting
like the leaf resting
in a puddle by my feet
surrounded by concrete.

There is no defeat,
We are all complete.

Like i said, just words...

No comments: